Procrastinators who is run a business like Doterra will always find completing tasks on a daily bases tough, so what is the best way to stop procrastinating
I hope you enjoyed the video, Inside the mind of a master procrastinator with Tim Urban, I felt that it might lighting an otherwise heavy subject for most of our about procrastination.
When we start a new business, we are so existed and passionate. The idea that we have made a decision to start something new that is dynamic and can allow us to make extra money is a buzz. However, when reality kicks in we realize quite fast that we have to do things that are not always fun, procrastination takes over. Running a business is hard work and for the procrastinator a time for putting task off for another day.
What is procrastination in business?
It is the act or habit of procrastinating, or putting off or delaying a daily / weekly / monthly task that will advance our business. The fact is success and procrastination does not work very well together, so continuously avoiding doing something that needs to be done will be the death of any possibility of being successful in Doterra.
How to stop being a procrastinator?
Procrastination is a mindset or even a psychological aspect of ourselves, so it is good to understand why we are a procrastinator and why this is stopping us being successful.
Below I have put a list of reasons why we are more likely to be a procrastinator
- Absence of structure
- Anxiety in our lives
- A fear of personal success
- A fear of failure
- Not willing to except ones shortcomings
- An “all-or-nothing” mindset
Any of the reasons on the list above will hinder your journey toward success, but what can one do about it. Well, a cognitive behavioral therapist would argue that if you have anxiety in your life, then make a decision not to have anxiety in your life. In the same vain if you are a procrastinator then make a decision not to be a procrastinator. Yes, I know it sounds so simple, but the fact is, it is that simple.
Before we consider the list below, we need to make a decision not to be a procrastinator, this would be the first task and for some of us a missive mindset change, because not being a procrastinator will change everything in your life.
The list below will give you the best way to stop procrastinating and achieve success in your Doterra and life itself
- Stop thinking about what you are going to do, just start doing it
- Don’t make a task bigger than it really is, break your work into little steps
- If you can not work at home change your environment
- Taking the first step will make everything so much easier
- Start with the hardest task of your day, we are always more awake before we start something new
- Eliminate your procrastination pit-stops
- Hang out with people who inspire you to take action
- Make a decision. Any decision
- Face your fear, fear will always stop us from achieving anything in life
- Finish it, procrastination does not believe in a start, middle and end of completing a task
- Re-clarify your goals, where do you want to be next week, next month and next year
- Get a grip and just do it
How I have stop falling into the procrastination in business trap?
In my Doterra business I have a list of tasks that I complete everyday regardless what other things I need to do. Generally, my to do list is the same every day, however, I also have a weekly task list and of course monthly task list. There is something concrete when I have known the tasks to complete every day, but this mean pushing against procrastinating and taken action, setting goals, creating a plan and working on it every day until success is achieved.
Here are some strategies to stop procrastinating
- Take five minutes to list out the things you were going to do tomorrow.
- Add several important activities you are delaying
- Look at your list and do one thing on it right now.
- Pick a time in the next 8 hours to work on the list.
- Set aside a time slot
- At least 30 minutes
- Work on one task
- Do not try to be perfect.
- Quality of effort, not perfect results
- Don’t get bogged down with perfectionism
- If putting off involves other people, talk to them.
- Reasons for delaying action might be imaginary.
- Lack of communication often turns molehills into mountains.
- Ask yourself, what’s the worst thing that could happen if I did this today
- The worst-case scenario most likely would be a minor inconvenience or a temporary setback.
- Imagine how you will feel once you complete a task.
- Freedom from anxiety.
- Freedom from nagging pressures.
- Freedom from self-doubt.
- Accomplishing put-off tasks will give you a great boost of confidence and energy.
Simply, procrastination in business is taken responsibly and for-filling a roll that we asked for in the first place. Starting an home based business or in fact any business mean some form of hard work and sacrifice. However while procrastination maybe really for many people in our world today, it is not a recipe for success or personal achievement.
Finally, if I could put this whole article in just 3 words to express the best way to stop procrastinating would be, “Just Do It”, because in the end that is what you have to do to achieve any form of success.
For more information about how to stop being a procrastinator while running your Doterra business, PM me and I will get back to you asap….These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration in any country. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.