Regarding our lives and careers, it is desperately difficult to know how to figure out what career you want, in this light how to we achieve success?
Success of any form in life we firstly needed to understand what we want and how we intend to achieve it, before that we are merely looking for our real purpose in life.
This is not to say, if we are not a doctor or a high acclaimed athlete or a CEO of a major business we are not successful, because the fact is not everyone want this type of success. We may feel that we have succeeded if we raised some wonderful children and had a successful marriage. However, beyond domestic life I think we can all agree we want a life situation where we have enough money and time to enjoy life.
When did I say “I need to change my life?”
About five years ago I got to the time and place in my life where, believe it or not I had achieved most of my personal goals and even though I was perfectly happy with my life there was something missing. I am sure that it was the chase I was missing and the buzz of achieving something I felt was not achievable a few years earlier, but it was something that needed to be done and something that I hoped others would be proud of me because of it.
Well, this was the time I say, “I need to change my life” I need to find a new goal that I could be passionate about and something that I really want.
Fortunately, a few years earlier my wife and I had been thinking about relocating to Spain, financially it seemed impossible. What would we do there? How would we live? And most importantly where would the money come from? So, the idea of living in Spain became that thing we will do when we retire.
So, the goal was in place, but I needed to take action, stop procrastinating and find a means of transport that would give me what I wanted.
So I wrote down a tick list of what I needed in a business opportunity, it went something like this:
- I needed an income opportunity that would allow me to work anywhere in the world including Spain
- I needed a business that would not need me to carry a lot of products around
- I needed to be able to work from a laptop / PC / Mac
- It needed to be affordable
After a lot of searching I finally found what I was looking for:
- A company that was available globally
- Products that were small and fully available online
- A business that I could run from a PC, Mac or Laptop
- A startup cost that was only 35$ / 20€ / £25
- And everything was in English even though its available in Spanish
As you might imagine things have been going well, the need to change my life and the idea that it would be possible to wake up in the morning with the sound of the sea and the sun on my back has been my motivation to make a success of running a business from home.
What was the method that helped me change my life completely?
The method is quite simple and in fact anyone can to it, if they just keep to these simple rules:
- Take action: If you only say you are intending to start your life over, then it will never happen. Taken action mean doing something and most of the time doing something towards a goal. In my case, it is living in another country, but it can be anything that you are passionate about and will sustain you through the whole process.
- Setting goals: Is not always easy to find that life goal because it is more about finding life purpose & passion rather than just something you think you want. I was lucky, I really do know what is making me get up in the morning and stay up late at night to achieve what I want.
- Making a plan: Depending on how you intend to run your business will depend on the plan, but it simply comes down to looking at your own skills and developing them to achieve the goals you have set yourself. As for me, I have been interested in internet marketing for years and now have the time to develop and home them skills with great results. However, it also mean learn new skills, developing yourself and learning to be outside your comfort zone.
- Work on it every day: It seems simple to just work on something daily, but sometimes things do not go to plan and we are sidetracked by family commitments, work and life itself. In addition, working on a project like this can be difficult if one cannot always see any visible mark of success. So, when developing your plan put in your mind small achievable tasks in one to two hour slots a day. However, the real road to success is never simple or easy, but if you are developing your skills and your business mentor is aiming you in the right direction you will be successful in the end.
- Keep going until you succeed: Success is also a road of ups and downs, one day you will be high because you have successful achieved a important landmark and the next day you are on a low, when you feel things are not moving fast enough. Most of us who have already achieve success in the past have been along this rocky road before and know the pitfalls, but reflecting back on the purpose, passion and why we are doing what we are doing always help us keep going regardless.
If you would like to learn how to find your purpose and passion in life and take a journey with me toward online success – Click here and read my story.