My blueprint for wellness and healthy living is a long term plan that will take me through an endless journey of self discovery
- When you wake in the morning and you feel terrific
- When you can go through your whole day and you have energy
- When you go to bed at night without any aches and pains
- When you feel like you have lived and accomplished something
That is what most regard as health and wellness.
Many people tell me they are just fine and that they are doing terrific. But, as I get to know the person I find out that they are on:
- Four different medications
- They have health concerns
- They are dealing with diseases
- They are going to the doctor frequently
It is amazing how often this occurs. These people are not experiencing a healthy lifestyle or even close to being well.
People seem to be in denial when you first talk to them about their health, but as you get to know them you find out exactly what is going on in their live’s. The truth of the matter is we are not getting healthier as a society. In fact, we are getting worse over time. Because of our lifestyles and our diets overall, we are dealing with huge problems with our health, however there is another way.
How do we achieve sound health and wellness?
Sound health and wellness means taking small steps, while making huge changes and deciding to totally stop doing things that usually make us feel bad. Yes, this is very difficult to define if someone is in denial.
What is the alternative to feeling tired, sick and under the weather?
THE OVERALL GOAL IS TO FEEL TERRIFIC, BE ENERGETIC AND TO HAVE A LIFE WORTH LIVING.
How do we do that?
There are some small things you can do to change your lifestyle, which can improve your health and overtime allow you to return to healthier and happier lifestyle.
I am sure many of you have tried to change your life before and probably failed
- Have you tried to get healthy and avoid eating those sweet treats
- How many new years’ resolutions have gone by?
- How many diets have you tried?
- How many exercise programs have you started?
- Have you decided not to do it anymore?
The reason for failing is because we are not happy outside our comfort zone. So what happens?
- We try and do something a little uncomfortable
- We try and change
- We feel very stressed with the new situation
- So, overtime we revert to old behaviors because they are more comfortable
My blueprint for wellness and a healthier lifestyle
One of the biggest obstacles people have to overcome when they are trying to create new behaviors is to believe that they need to accomplish 100% change. They have got to do that diet exactly and work out seven days a week without fail. They have got to do something huge and that creates unrealistic demands on them.
What we want to do is not try so hard to be perfect, but realize we are going to do just the best we can. Reaching for 95% gives you a little bit of wiggle room. So, if you go to the movies and have some popcorn and a small drink, it is not the end of the world.
Developing a lifestyle that integrates health and wellness into a unhealthy lifestyle is a pathway toward a happier future. The journey will be long and there will be upsets on the way, but as long as you are moving forward and you strive for 95% you are successfully moving toward a positive lifestyle. So allow yourself to do the best you can and forgive yourself for the rest.
Wellness is just a decision away and the people that can help you is Doterra. Doterra is a health and wellness company that uses essential oils in all the wellness products which has helped many people to achieve a healthier and happier lifestyle.
To learn more about healthy steps wellness products from Doterra – click here or PM me and I will get back to you asap….