Becoming a distributor for a product such as Doterra needs a person with the right attitude for success, so we are currently seeking for a business-minded self starter for a strategic positions in our team
Personal development is a long process that moves through our daily lives until our examples of personal goals in life become the inspiration for others
My name is Steven Jackson and I was born in a city in the south of England called Southampton. I enjoyed a pleasant childhood with my mother, father and a younger brother. On the whole I remember that life was happy and most of the time we had enough money. I can’t remember a situation when we were hungry even though I do recall my mother searching for coins in the kitchen draws so she could buy milk.
On the other hand, school was not so good. I was not a great pupil, but I managed to scrape through with passes and unbelievably gained an apprenticeship in metalwork for a local company. I think my dark sense of humour came from them years, which I still have a bit today even though I have been away from that life. However, I have fond memories and friendships that still endure today.
My apprenticeship years seemed to move slowly until a friend of a friend asked me to join his band. I didn’t realise it then, but it was a key point in my journey or that something that allow us to say “I can be more than I am” rather than just vegetating into the same old existence. Even then I dreaded becoming my father and that is not to say that he was not a successful person in his own right, but to aspire to be another 9 to 5 employee was something I really did not want.
The years went by and I completed my apprenticeship, I purchased a house with a girlfriend and was enjoying playing the band circuit, but I was still in my mind missing something, even though I couldn’t see what it was at the time. So, I decided to return to school by starting an Open University degree course, which as I found was right out of my comfort zone, but being out of my comfort zone gave me the strength to pursue goals outside my normal social circle.
The strange thing about personal development, once someone starts achieving some form of success there is always a negative outcome. It is not always visible at the start, but somehow I believe it is an inevitable process in life. Sometimes to succeed and to gain leadership growth and development we need to leave some of our personal baggage behind. The personal baggage for me was my long-term girlfriend. We had not been getting on for a while and the more personal success I was achieving the further apart our relationship became.
I realised that I needed to change everything in my life. The same year my long term girlfriend and I split and for a while life became a bit crazy with angry exchanges about money and who owned what.
In retrospect, the ending of our relationship was the best thing for me even if it was not for her. I felt freer in setting life goals and moving forward into the next stage of my existence. So, in 1991 I decided to make a trip to Rome, Italy to reboot my life and have time to think over a few things on what I wanted to do next.
In my opinion, independent travel gives the mind time to reflect on decisions one has made in life with the realisation that our future has only oneself to consider. At the same time there is no-one to blame if everything goes wrong and in some ways that was very liberating to know that the choices I make will decide my fate.
While in Rome I met my wife and even though she was not the full reason for being successful she was an important motivation to be successful in something. Nevertheless, success as I realised quite quickly needs to be a personal journey absence of others opinions because finally it was me and only me that was going to decide whether or not I was going to be successful.
Success is examples of personal goals in life and arguably is the starting point of our real journey
So after a few years of being married, having a child together and living together in the UK we decided to move to Finland. The UK was not working for us at the time, unemployment was high and the general lack of opportunities was becoming an issue, so we sold everything and moved to Finland with a suitcase each and about £250.
At the start, life was difficult, I couldn’t speak Finnish, I couldn’t find a job and it was really lonely, I have to say the loneliness was terrible. After about 8 – 10 months culture shock kick in, everything seems to be darker and harder than it really was, fortunately my wife who was originally from Finland understood what the problem was because she had been through a similar situation herself in the UK, but at the time I didn’t understand.
I can remember when we finally got a city apartment, all we had was a bed for our daughter, a second hand TV and one lamp. We were sitting on the floor eating ready made roast chicken from a bag to the light of the TV set.
Slowly we purchased a bed for us, a kitchen table and chairs that made everything slightly more homely and my wife was working so we were bring in some extra money. Overtime, we managed to make the apartment our home and I have to say that I felt a sense of achievement.
We had arrived in Finland with nothing and somehow we made things work, which seemed like a turning point for me.
It became apparent that I could not continue being the house husband and child carer while my wife worked, even though I quite enjoyed seeing my daughter grow up and being at home when she returned from school.
To rectify this situation, one quiet Monday morning when everyone was gone, I made my action plan and personal goals for work with the intention of getting a job in Finland.
Fortunately, that day a letter fell into the letterbox with an offer of a 8 month Finnish language course paid for by the state. This happened to be number one on my action plan.
My action plan
Here are some examples of personal goals in life that I went through to get a job in Finland.
- Start a Finnish course ✓
- Use Finnish everyday ✓
- Learn Finnish ✓
Return to school
- Apply to enroll for a degree ✓
- Start a degree course ✓
- Pass the degree 3.5 years ✓
Get a job
- First job can be anything degree related ✓
- Once I have a job, find a better job until I find the one I am content with ✓
So, putting it even more simply Learn Finnish, go to school and get a job in that order and do it all in 3.5 years. Of course, nothing ever goes to plan, because as I found, nobody can learn Finnish in 3.5 years. However, I was using Finnish on a daily basis and even studying in Finnish which was a nightmare in itself.
The main problem or maybe shock for me was that my action plan was completed far too fast and of course that is not a bad thing. I know that I would complete my action plan, but I didn’t know that I would want something more than I had achieved.
I am guessing it took me about 5 years before I said to myself, “I really need something more than a 9 to 5 job” even though I have to say I was quite happy with my life on the whole. However I really needed something more, but what?
Achieving my working life goals had create a feeling that anything was possible, anything could be achieved if only I had a vehicle that would give me the income and freedom I desired.
Achieving success and personal development in business
One option that came to mind was running a home based business. I had look at MLM many years before when my wife had been quite successful in a network marketing business in the UK. I had some knowledge and I felt that I really could be successful, regardless what type of business or product was involved.
The main reason I like the idea of network marketing is because it was affordable, I could work while I learnt and I could do it from home while I was working a regular job. So, searching the internet I researched many different business opportunities from tech products, weight loss products and wellness products until I found the company I thought could work for me.
The characteristic I was looking for was:
- Low startup cost
- Free webshop and marketing tools
- Free online admin
- No monthly fee
- A small enough product that would travel easily
- And the possibility to run the business online from anywhere in the world where there is the internet
Finally after weeks of researching I found the company that completed my bucket list and gave me the opportunity to become successful.
Any personal development in business needs an action plan :
- Join a business (The company was called Doterra) ✓
- Teach myself internet marketing, web page development and anything else needed in network marketing (Self taught) ✓
- Create a system that enrolls new consultant automatically (Blog marketing and landing page marketing) ✓
- Create a system that sales the products automatically (Blog marketing and landing page marketing) ✓
- Create a system that emails my warm leads automatically (Email auto reply system) ✓
- Set leadership development goals (Work always in progress)
- Make enough money to relocate to Spain in 4 – 5 years
- Earn enough to live in Spain in 4 – 5 years
- Build large Doterra team (Enroll 20 a month) in 6 – 12 months ✓
- Help 5 top line leader to achieve Premier in 3 years
- Earn enough to sometimes live in Finland in 4 – 5 years
Make a plan
- Enroll 20 consultants a month ✓
- Develop leadership goals and objectives for four team leaders ✓
- Get to Silver rank before Christmas 2017 (Achieved November 2017) ✓
- Get to Gold rank before Doterra conference May 2018
- Get to Platinum rank by Decemeber 2018
- Move to Spain for 6 month in December 2018
Work on my business everyday
- 4 to 6 hours a day ✓
- 1 to 2 hours on weekends ✓
- Holidays 1 to 2 hours depending on situation, but always 30 minutes just in case ✓
Achievements so far….
- I have a downline of over 403 to date (between 16 and 30 new consultants a month)
- Achieved Silver rank with Gold and Platinum in my sights
- Income increasing all the time
- At the moment, I believe I am moving forward at a satisfactory rate, but I still feel I need to do something to push up the pace. However, compared to many of my business colleges I have moving very fast, so I guess it is perspective rather than reality.
- I am happy to say that I am achieving everything I committed myself to and believe that I will achieve my other goal in due time.
Personal mindset and examples of life goals
I would like to say that in many ways I am the same person I was 20 years ago or even 5 years ago, but in many ways I am not. I have lost something of the happy go lucky in myself and exchange it for the desire for success.
I have become very driven and have found that I find it difficult to understand why others in this business as well as my personal life are not as driven as I am. I have often wondered how other see their own success because the excitement of success itself has become as powerful as my original goals.
The ability to make life choices irrespective of what that maybe is a powerful motivator. However, returning to the true aspect of what makes us successful against failure, is simply that point in time when we physically and psychologically take action and choose to be successful.
Yes, it is a mindset and personal reboot that we have to work on everyday, but very achievable for anyone who wants success in their lives. However, the second we express an opinion that it can’t be done we are sending a message of doubt to ourselves and declining the chances of success.
I have found that creating small personal successes, daily mindset reboots and reflecting on the importance of leadership skills in my business is a way of helping influence myself that everything is achievable.
It starts every morning with these examples of personal goals in life:
- What will I eat today?
- Will I go to the gym?
- How positive will I be?
- How much work will I do on my business?
- How will I speak to my partner?
- Will I call a friend?
- How much will I socialise with friends?
- Will I be excited about life?
- Will I be happy with my relationships?
- Will I be happy with my life?
- Will I go to bed early enough?
Success is in this list, because success without supporting other parts of our lives will create an unsuccessful future. So, as financial freedom move forever closer I have also needed to work on other parts of my life.
Arguably, personal success such as relationships and personal wellness is more difficult to achieve than business success. Changing a lifetime of unhealthy living or a history of toxic behaviour in our personal relationships forges an unpredictable and dysfunctional future.
However, as with personal success being a choice, personal successes are also choices because at the end of the day we are all looking for one thing and that is a happiness.
I don’t believe my journey will be ever over, because there will always be something to achieve or aim for in life but that is how life should be.
Take the journey with me
Few have really helped me to be successful and not because I didn’t want help, but more so, people I worked with did not know how to help me. As you may have notice through this article, I am a self starter, diligent, persistent, motivated to succeed and too stubborn to know when enough is enough.
So, if you want to become successful and you want to learn the importance of leadership skills in one of the fastest growing home based businesses around at the moment – Click here or PM me and I will get back to you asap….
All the inspiring stories of successful people have a similar characteristic of learning to give up something that is stopping them from becoming successful
The fact is nobody like giving up anything in life, but if it means the difference between becoming successful or not it may be advisable to reconsider your position.
Having these 5 simple rules is intended to develop the mind towards bigger and better things rather than thinking mediocre and commit and take practical steps towards your personal and business success.
5 ways to be successful in life and in business by giving up the things that stop you
- Give up short term mindsets
- Dream big, dream really big, but take it in small parts, by creating daily habits that will get you where you want to be. Think beyond the abstract such as “Financial freedom and leaving my job”. Take it to a level where you can visualize it and almost taste that success by creating a objective or goal that will energize you every time you think of it.
- Give up on playing small
- Take ownership and personal responsibility for your journey, you are the Captain of your ship, so you can choose where to travel and even how long you stay. A difficult task for many people in the network marketing and MLM industry is to commit to the destination they have mapped out for themselves. Setting goals is in reality a simply commitment to a destination in the future, not setting or committing to the destination means you are wondering in the wilderness with no way of knowing if you have arrived or not.
- Give up excuses
- The most inspiring stories of successful people are those who have with overwhelming adversary and without considering their own situation had achieve success. This is a classic and a major reason why people do not succeed or even get started in the first place. Procrastination and excuses tells everyone that the individual is going nowhere fast. Winners find reasons why they can and losers always find reasons why they can’t, so give up the excuses and be a winner and create your own real life inspirational stories of success.
- Give up the need to be liked
- An expression my mother told me a long time ago which has helped me through the good times and the bad time of being a entrepreneur is that, “You don’t need to like everyone and not everyone needs to like you”. It is so simple, but so true, the fact is we cannot please everyone so stand up for your own beliefs because there will always be the ones that love you for your success and ones that hate you for your success. The solution to this type of situation is to suck it up and be yourself.
- Give up toxic people
- We all have them somewhere in our lives and the smart move is to avoid them like the plague. Search out and spend time with people who are born winners, because what ever they touch turns to gold. This simply means spend time with people who do not put up with average, because, if you hang around with winners you will become a winner, if you hang around with losers you will become a loser.
Through the years, I personally have found that this list works, because simply believing and I mean really believe that you can succeed can sometimes be the difference between winning and losing.
And, I know that most of you have been in that situation where your personally relationships end up with you doing all of the work with no enjoyment in the social interaction.
In the end, you are responsible for your key to success in life and in business, if it is in business or personal relationships, but hopefully in some way my 5 ways to be successful in life and in business will help you decide weather you have what it takes to be a winner.
For more details on how the tips to be successful in life and business will help you – Click here or PM me and I will get back to you asap …..
Top MLM companies 2018 need you, but the question is do you have the right mindset to be a MLM consultant
If you are the connection-forming kind of character, and one who would freely leave the guarantee of an 8 hour/day job and a constant income, only to be offered your own schedule and pay from your own efforts and aptitudes, then an MLM business opportunity would almost certainly suit you well.
What is the top MLM companies 2018?
In my opinion, such thing doesn’t exist, however, there are some companies that could be considered as well respected MLM business opportunities, which will give you the opportunity to make money from home.
These companies help you in order to make the best you can be, and this is the kind of organization you should be seeking.
So if anybody gives you the “MY company is the only one” speech, don’t let yourself be drawn in, because there are many good opportunities available out there, it just depends on what you are looking for and what product or service attracts you.
There are things that your success depends on which normally mean that they are the best mlm to join. Let’s take a quick look over the matters you should be asking yourself before signing up to any MLM business opportunity.
Is there a need for their product?
- Is there millions of possible buyers?
- Are the products value for money?
- Is it too expensive? (People wouldn’t buy expensive beauty products in times of crisis).
- Are the products consumable? (This means recurring orders from clients).
- And, essentially, does it have a monthly auto-ship program to make it work?
All network marketing businesses that are authentic and authorized will have some type of monthly product shipment and / or membership plan.
All the new direct sales companies 2018 have good compensation plan
I would suggest that the compensation plan is the second aspect of a MLM business that you should consider, despite the fact that some people may even look at it as coming first when considering sustainability and endurance. So firstly ponder these question:
- Do you understand compensation plan?
- What are the conditions for getting paid?
- Do you have retail commissions?
- Does it contain residual income?
- Do you receive commissions for training and supporting new distributors?
- Is there a override income on your team’s sales?
If you dislike risks, then it is possible that you have a preference for the Get-Paid-Today model, but generally this type of model is only used with tech services / products.
Look at why it is the new direct sales companies 2018:
- Does the company have good leadership with past experience and achievements in MLM?
- Has the company have a long enough history and financially stable?
- What is the retention rate?
- How often do people buy products?
- Are the products of a high quality?
- Are the products unique?
The product should be something that is unique and, even better, that has zero competition. If it is not exclusive, it should be above the others. I also think that if you are consider getting involved with a “me too” product, one that is not exclusive, then you should only get involved if the organization has at least 3 years market experience. If it does, then it should have shown some advance already; go ask good old Google, for example – what does the internet know about it?
One of the top MLM companies 2018
Best mlm to join is one with a good retention rate (over 50 % up to 65% is better) is something to look at, and even a low startup cost and no monthly fee is good to have, but most valuable of all, you need to consider the support system. In the absence of it, you could be making no income, no matter how competent the company, the product and the compensation plan are.
- Does your upline in the company assist you?
- Do they react to your inquiries punctually and successfully?
- Can they teach you internet network marketing skills?
- Can they help you put together your own website?
- Most significantly, drive traffic to it?
- Can they show you how to use online social networks to market your products?
Talking to your family and friends isn’t going to be enough to sustain your business long-term, you need the potential of the internet to connect with people all over the country and around the earth in order to form a stable, lasting team.
A good internet marketing strategy can give you the power to get to a 3 or 4 figure income within months. If you haven’t encountered a skilled leader, you had better look for one. Irrespective if the company is the best mlm to join. The training you have and the system you use is central to your success. and this depend on you, not on your organization.
In conclusion, my opinion the best direct sales companies to work for is the one that you do not need to lay out too much money every month on auto-shipping or monthly fees or extras such as webshops and so on. I would suggest a company that has a low start up fee of 35$, with no monthly fee, free webshop, free back office and even the possibility to get free products.To get started with one of the best new direct sales companies 2018 – Click here or PM me and I will get back to you asap….
As I remember, before I had a network marketing mindset, it was massively frustrating to work hard at building my business
We have all been there and somehow at one point in our network marketing careers or in this case our Doterra careers, we suddenly realize, “what am I not doing?”
Most of the information available in books and online explaining how to run a MLM business is great, however they often forget to mention the most important factor that make one person successful and someone else not.
Which is the individual running the business and the mindset needed to become successful
Why do we need a network marketing mindset?
The excitement of starting a Doterra business with all the possibilities that comes with it, is great for the first few months until reality slowly starts to dawn on you:
- The enroller is supportive and knowledgeable
- Doterra is well run and their products are just the best
- And, you really want Doterra success
However, why is your business not moving forward?
- Firstly, ask yourself, “Do I have the right mindset to success for Doterra or network marketing?”
- And if not, how can I get it?
Running a Doterra business is like running a marathon, which most runners and athletes will understand is 90% mental and 10% physical.
Everyday you work on your business, putting one foot in front of the other, but your mental strength will be the thing that pushes you forward when you feel you cannot continue.
Many years ago, I watch a dear friend of mine during a bad time in his life become successful in a network marketing business. When I asked, “how he managed to become successful while others were not even though his life was a mess?” He told me, “Even though things are bad, people in my life still needed me, so I needed to change my attitude, become self-motivated, have desire and discipline to make this business work.”
After pondering his answer for many years I put it down to his own mindset to success and turning a bad situation into good. Over the years we get together for a chat and over that time I begun to understand some of the key points that made him successful. So, below I have shared them with you.
The 5 keys gain the right mindset to success
- Socialize with successful people:
- Consider this, if you socialize with people who are going nowhere guess who else is going nowhere.
- Find people to inspire you to become more that you are and gain that success you have always desired.
- Now, ask yourself if the people you surround yourself with lift you up or cause you to doubt yourself.
- If they bring you down, what will you do about that?
- Never stop learning something new:
- Learning is about developing new skills which will help one succeed in Doterra.
- All network marketers regardless how long they have been in the industry need to home new skills to keep on top of their game.
- Learning helps the network marketer to become a more interesting person, hence an interesting person to be involved with.
- These new skills will give you the knowledge to become a leader with a vision and the mindset for success.
- As you develop, your mind grows and adjusts accordingly giving you the confidence to interact with prospects interested in your Doterra business
- There is no such this as “can’t”:
- Nobody has succeeded in anything when they start the conversation with, “can’t”
- I have spoken with many people that said they really wanted to be successful in MLM, but they would start by saying:
- I can’t talk to people about my Doterra business
- I can’t do sales
- I can’t find the time
- Beginning a dialogue with yourself that starts with “can’t” means you have predetermined your chances of success with failure.
- Limiting what you do in life by saying “I can’t” is counter productive and the death of personal and business success
- Refer to limited beliefs and the “fixed mindset vs. growth mindset” argument (Google search)
- Build a support system:
- Who is supporting you?
- Who is helping you to build your Doterra business?
- Having a support system can be the difference between success and failure
- People close to you may not support your efforts or understand why you are involved with Doterra, so surround yourself with positive like-minded people
- Contact your Doterra sponsor, mentor and use online groups of like-minded people who are all interested in becoming successful in Doterra
- Establishing a good support system will help you develop a success mindset for your business
- Create a positive success routine:
- Have you looked at the top network marketers and said to yourself, “I want some of that!”
- Don’t look at what they have, look at their daily routine. What are they doing everyday to be successful
- When you see someone who is fit, slim and healthy don’t think how good they look. Think about their daily habits that are needed to achieve this result.
- The positive routine philosophy can be transferred into your Doterra business and life.
- What are the top earners doing on a daily basis? Find out! Do something similar in your daily life.
- The main habits of the most successful network marketers is persistence (Never give up)
How to change your mindset to success
Why do we hold ourselves back from the success and income we really want and deserve? It is a complex question, but in many cases the answer is simple. We are being asked to move out of our comfort zone in an area of possible failure, embarrassment and not comfortable.
Some of us are born with no fear of failure and a confident mindset, but others need to develop these skills overtime.
Here are some tools that may help you develop and empower yourself towards Doterra success:
- Write down the things you say you can’t do, so you can own them
- Write down why you feel it is important for you to change them
- Now write down an empowered version of yourself without the things you can’t do
- Visualize yourself so you can see your life with this new empowered version of you and all its benefits
- Use positive support to find your inner strength.
- Step out of your comfort zone (One new thing everyday)
- Work on your personal development to help you empower yourself and your mind.
Have you found what is hold you back from being successful in your Doterra business?
Now, the most important question, what are you willing to do about it?
Every time you change and branch out of your comfort zone and push the limits of what you believe you can do, you are moving one step closer towards a network marketing mindset that will give you Doterra success.
For more details about mindset to success as a Doterra consultant PM me and I will get back to you asap. Alternatively, if you are not a Doterra consultant yet and would like to join my team – Click here and join Doterra now.